Friday, Saturday, Sunday, October 12, 13, 14
Entry Deadline: September 28
Oklahoma City Tennis Center At Will Rogers Park
3400 N Portland Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK
Friday, October 12 8:00 am Women’s Doubles and Men’s Singles
Saturday, October 13 8:00 am Mixed Doubles
Sunday, October 14 8:00 am Men’s Doubles and Women’s Singles
Check-in each day is 30 minutes before start time.
Age Groups start times will be set after registration ends.
1. The age division of competition for Doubles and Mixed Doubles will be determined by the
younger age of the two partners.
2. Athletes may compete with only one partner per event.
3. Competitors must bring their own paddles. Pickleballs will be provided.
4. You must be a USA Pickleball Association (USAPA) member with a membership number and rating. If you are a new member and do not have a rating, you will receive one after the tournament.
1. Double elimination is planned. Event Director reserves the right to modify format based on
number of tournament entries.
2. Matches in the winners bracket will be best two out of three games. Games are played to 11
points, but must continue until one player or team achieves a two-point margin.
3. Matches in the losers bracket will be one game to 15 points, but must continue until one player of team achieves a two-point margin.
4. Any event (age class) which does not have at least two entries (teams or individuals) may be
combined with another division or cancelled at the discretion of the Event Director.
1. All matches will be conducted in accordance with USA Pickleball Association (USAPA)/
International Federation of Pickleball (IFP) rules found online at www.usapa.org.
USA Pickleball Association
P.O. Box 7354
Surprise AZ 85374
2. A players choice between two numbers will determine first choice of serve or side. If the winner chooses to serve or receive, the loser picks starting side. If the winner chooses starting side, the loser chooses to serve or receive. Sides and initial service will be switched upon completion of each game. Sides will be switched in a third game (if the match is 2 out of 3 games) after the first team reaches a score of 6 points. Serve remains with the player holding serve.
3. All questionable calls must be in favor of the opponent.
4. Served balls clearing the non-volley zone and landing on any service court line except the non-volley zone line are good.
5. Balls in play landing on any side or back court line are good.
6. All serves must be made underhand at or below the servers waist (i.e. contact with the ball must be made at or below the server’s waist). Underhand is defined as the paddle head shall be below the hand when striking the ball.
7. Players will be responsible for calling their own lines up until at least the final match in each age class. Line officials may be provided for the final match in each age class at the discretion of the Event Director.
8. Format changes are at the discretion of the Event Director.
9. When net systems have a horizontal bar that may include a center base, and the ball hits the horizontal bar or the center base before going over the net, it is a fault. If the ball goes over the net and then hits the horizontal bar, the ball is still in play. If the ball goes over the net and then hits the center base or the ball gets caught between the net and the horizontal bar before touching the court, it is a let and must be replayed.
NATIONAL SENIOR GAMES QUALIFYING RULES
1. All first through fourth place finishers at the 2018 Oklahoma Senior Games will qualify for the 2019 National Senior Games in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
2. Athletes must qualify in each Pickleball event (singles, doubles and mixed doubles) in which they wish to compete at the 2019 National Senior Games.
3. Doubles partners who qualify together are not required to play together at the 2019 National Senior Games. All participants must have qualified for the sport in which they intend to participate, with one partner having qualified in the event in which they intend to participate.