TENNIS Age 40+
Friday, Saturday and Sunday, October 17, 18, 19, 20(Rain date if needed)
Entry Deadline: October 3
3030 East 91st Street
Tulsa, OK 74137
Check in ½ hour before your event begins
Wed., Oct 17 9:00 am All XD (XD to be completed on Oct 17)
(also another “other” S or D, where players would like to “play early”)
(also 1st Round(s) from any Event with VERY LARGE DRAW to provide player “rest”
Thurs., Oct 18: 9 am All M & W Singles begin
10:30 Any M or W Doubles with large draw (& Players NOT in S)
1:00 pm All M&W Doubles begin (if not already, at 10:30 am
Fri., Oct 19: Planned Completion of all Events
Sat., Oct 20: Rain Date, if needed
Mr. Ward will phone to verify entry and plan 1st match times with consideration for out of area travel times.
1. Athletes may compete with only one partner per event. An event is defined as Singles, Doubles or Mixed Doubles.
2. The age division of competition for Doubles will be determined by the lower age of the two partners.
3. Athletes must provide their own racquets.
1. Tournament format will be single elimination with first round consolation.
2. The Event Director reserves the right to modify tournament format.
1. All matches will be conducted in accordance with United States Tennis Association (USTA) rules, except as modified herein. For a copy of these rules, visit or contact:
United States Tennis Association
70 West Red Oak Lane
White Plains, NY 10604
2. If an athlete is entered in more than one tennis event, a situation may arise wherein they will have to play more than the USTA recommended number of matches in any given day. Attempts will be made to schedule in such a manner to avoid conflicts between events. However, it is the responsibility of the athlete to make conflicts known to the Event Director with sufficient time in order to reschedule or withdraw.
3. As a principle, play should be continuous, from the time the match starts (when the first service of the match is put in play) until the match finishes.
a. Between points, a maximum of twenty 20 seconds are allowed. This rule does not apply while a player chases stray balls.
b. When players change ends at the end of a game, a maximum of 90 seconds are allowed. Between the first and second set, a maximum of 120 seconds are allowed.
c. However, after the first game of each set and during a tie-break game, play shall be continuous and players shall change ends without a rest.
d. A five-minute break between the second set and the match tie-break set, if required, is permissible.
4. Matches shall be the best of three sets using regular scoring. The first two sets are tie-break sets, first to win six games wins that set, provided there is a margin of two games won. If the score reaches six games all, a tie-break game will be played (first to win seven points with a two point margin wins the set). In the event a third set is required, it will be a USTA Match Tie Break Set, first to win 10 points by a margin of two points. All tie-breaks will use the Coman method of rotation. Ends are changed after the first point, then every four points (i.e. rotate after 1st, 5th, 9th, 13th, points etc.), and also rotate ends at the conclusion of a set tie break.
NATIONAL SENIOR GAMES QUALIFYING RULES
1. All first through third place winners at the 2018 Oklahoma Senior Games will qualify for the 2019 National Senior Games to be held in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
2. Athletes must qualify in each Tennis event (singles, doubles, mixed doubles) in which they wish to compete at the 2019 National Senior Games in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
(918) 271-4443 (mobile)
Mr. Ward will phone all players with the time of their first match.